This date will always give me goosebumps every time I hear it or write it. I know I will never forget what happened that day. I can't believe next year will be 10 years, already. It seems sometimes like it just happened yesterday.

What do you remember about that day?

I was home that day, I remember that I didn't have any classes that day. Mom called me and told me to turn on the radio, she said something terrible was happening. I was glued to that radio for the rest of the day. I went online to see news stories, but the details were just too much for me. I remember praying and wondering if it was the end... I remember Mom calling me again to go fill up the car with gas because everyone thought the oil prices would skyrocket. I remember NOT hearing any music on any radio stations, only news of the terrible events. I remember seeing the American flags on all the cars, and seeing the flags at half-staff for days (I think it was for a whole month) afterwards in memory of the lives lost. I remember seeing signs that read "God Bless America" all over the place and hearing people beg God for mercy. What has happened to those signs? What happened to the prayers? Has America forgotten? What is it going to take for the US to finally wake up and realize that we need God more than ANYTHING right now? I hope not another terrible attack like the one that happened nine years ago... God help ME to be more faithful to pray for my country and for our leaders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken

Candle Giveaway!