I am such a slacker...

For all of my faithful readers...all three of you (if that many)...I want to apologize for the lack of reading material. I am a slacker, but at least I admit it. I will try to be more consistent with blog posts this month.
--------------------------------------------

Mom and James got back from Panama last Friday. They were supposed to be home on Thursday night, but they had quite a flight from Miami to Dallas. There was a HUGE storm system that pretty much closed down the Dallas/Fort Worth airport, so they had to wait the storm out on the ground in Houston. Their flight from Dallas to Indy was cancelled. Mom and James were given vouchers for a hotel room and food for the night, and they flew home on Friday morning.
But, Mom and James had a nice time in Panama, visiting our family. It was very hot down there, and they came home to temps in the teens, I think. James has pictures up on his Facebook page from the trip. I got the memory card from Mom tonight to order prints, so I may post some pics on here later this week.
--------------------------------------------
Carl and I went to two Pacer games two Saturdays in a row in January. The Pacers lost both games, which didn't surprise me. The tickets were free both times, though. So that was cool. My boss gave us the company tickets for the first game, which were really nice. They are right next to the "tunnel" where the Pacer players come out to go to the court. I got some high-fives from some of the players after the game.
The tickets for the second game were given to us by Carl's Dad. They had received three tickets and were not able to use them, so we took Carl's Mom with us. She had never been to a Pacer game at Conseco Fieldhouse before, so she enjoyed herself. The seats for the game were pretty good too. Too bad the team lost both games.
--------------------------------------------
This Friday night, a group from our church is supposed to go tubing at Perfect North near Cincinnati. I say supposed to because there is a pretty good chance of a snow storm this Friday afternoon and evening. We shall see how it turns out. I do want to go tubing, but I don't want to risk our lives getting there, if you know what I mean...
--------------------------------------------
I think that is enough rambling for one night. I have a sore throat tonight that makes it hurt to talk. So I guess I did my talking through this blog post. My throat just feels raw from all the coughing I did earlier this week. Even the muscles in my chest were hurting this morning due to all the coughing. If anyone has any home remedies for sore throats, let me know. I have been gargling salt water and trying to drink lots of fluids, but it doesn't seem to be working.
The End. Good night.

Comments

valeria said…
I read your blog!! I'm about to do the same thing on my....a short update. I was on a roll there for a while but as of late...posts have been few.
The Dickinsons said…
Thank you for your nice comment and your Congratulations to us on our baby! =)
You have family that lives in Panama? How neat!
God bless you and have a great day! =D

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken

Candle Giveaway!