We are engaged!!!

Well, the day has arrived. Carl asked me to marry him last night! I am so excited! I never thought that I would get married, and now here I am, newly engaged. It is absolutely amazing!

Carl kept telling me the whole week that he had something special planned for Saturday night. He kept talking about gifts for my birthday, as in plural. On Friday, my actual birthday, he had roses delivered to work for me. There were 12 red ones and 1 pink one. They are so pretty.

Saturday, we went to wedding reception for Katressa and John. We left there pretty early to up to Indianapolis to celebrate my birthday. When Carl picked me up at my house, he handed me a card and said that was all he was giving me at the moment. He told me that he had a total of three gifts for me to open, since he knew that I like to open gifts (I am still a little kid that way, I guess:)...). He let me open two ofthe gifts while we were in the car before we went to dinner. One was a Colts fleece jacket (that is very nice and warm, BTW) and a large gift basket from Bath and Body Works with my favorite scent (Cherry Blossom). Carl told me the other gift was for later. We went to the Spaghetti Factory to have dinner, and it was really good. We were seated at round table that had two red plush chairs. I felt like I should have been wearing a crown or something...ha ha. After dinner, we walked down to Monument Circle, which has always been a special place for us. We walked to "our spot" which the side closet to the Capitol Building. We stood there and talked for a while about how special that spot was to us and everything. Then, when we were kind of alone, Carl handed me the last gift. We unwrapped it together. He then took the box and got on one knee and asked me to marry him! Of course I cried...he did too. I told me that I would be honored to be his wife. We stayed there for a little while longer just cherishing the moment. Carl is just an amazing guy, and I am so blessed to have him in my life!

Of course, I had to make a few phone calls to some people to tell them the news. I called my best friend Amy in Texas, my Mom, my friends Brittany and Julie, sent some text messages to several friends, called Jennifer and Lynn.

We are extremely happy. We haven't set a date yet...I think we are still in a little bit of shock! Everyone is so happy for us. I know that Dad would have been thrilled for us if he was here. But I know that we would have his blessing.

Thank you for all the good wishes and congratulations. It means a lot to us. I took a picture of us after he proposed, but I haven't loaded it onto my computer yet. Soon though, I hope!

So now we have the fun task of planning our wedding! Stay tuned for more details...

---The future Mrs. Carl Froelich

Comments

Karen Walden said…
Congratulations to both of you! How funny that we saw you just a few hours before you became engaged. Did you have any idea it would be that evening?!

Have fun planning your wedding. It's a lot of work but worth every minute of it!

Congrats!
Vanessa said…
Karen,
Thanks for the congrats! I had a feeling he was going to ask me that night. He kept talking about how special the evening was going to be. I knew for sure when he told me that my third gift would have to wait until we got to the Circle.
I am still on Cloud 9...
Nettie's Nook said…
Vanessa we are so happy for you and Carl. Isn't it amazing that God knows how to send just the right person into your life. I know the two of you will have a wonderful marriage because you will put God as the head of your home. Best Wishes and enjoy this special time in your life. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Katressa said…
Aw:-) Glad you guys came to our reception by the way. Sorry i didnt get to say much to you but you'll understand someday soon now:-) LOL CONGRATS

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken

Candle Giveaway!