Weekend Wrap Up

We had a very relaxing weekend. We thought that we would have no set plans since the original plans for the zoo fell through. After I came home from work on Saturday, we went to our local mall. We ate lunch at Paradise Bakery and Cafe (LOVE that place!). We were very happy to see Cream of Potato on the soup list. It is one of our favorite soups. I got a salad and Carl got a sandwich to go with the soup.

My yummy lunch!
 Of course, I bought a few cookies. Carl likes chocolate chip, and I love their Red Velvet cookies.

After lunch, we headed into JC Penney's. I was looking for a gray dress skirt. There were a couple different styles, but I didn't like them. Then we went to Christopher and Banks, which was really crowded due to their Friends and Family Sale. (Actually, the mall itself was pretty crowded. I can only imagine what it will be like the day after Thanksgiving.) I bought a blouse and a sweater. (See post below.)

After the mall, we went to Family Christian Store to get the new Ernie Haase and Signature Sound DVD, the tribute to the Cathedrals. It is very good! Then, we went to the grocery store. While we were checking out, I got a phone call from my cousin Jennifer. She was asking me if Carl and I had any plans for the evening. Turns out, someone offered her free tickets to the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. Jenn and Nate couldn't go, so she asked if we wanted them. Of course I wanted them. I love going to hear the ISO. Long story short, we got the tickets, hurried to get ready, and made our way downtown. We were seated in the first mezzanine, right behind the Dress Circle area. (Or what I call, the high-class section.) The orchestra played a piece by Richard Wagner, and I don't remember the title right now. After intermission, the orchestra performed Gustav Mahler's 5th Symphony. It was very different, but I really liked it. We enjoyed our evening out, and it only cost us $3 for parking. Not bad, huh?

We also had a very good Sunday. I had a rowdy group of kids for Junior Church. We had a good time, though. Our church is preparing for our Rally Day (aka Friend and Family Day). That will be on November 21st. We are hoping to have a good number of people out for that. It should be a good day. Here is a copy of the flier:

I feel like this post is really long, and it probably does not make much sense. I am trying to fight a migraine, but I think the headache is winning the battle. :( So, I hope you enjoy the ramblings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken

Candle Giveaway!