Less than 30 hours from now...

...I will be 30 years old. Wow, three whole decades of my life have gone by. What a sobering thought. What will the next 30 years of my life be like? Will we even be on earth for 30 more years? With the way the world is today, the Rapture could take place at any moment, and I really believe that. I want to make sure that I am living my life exactly as God wants. He knows the plans for my life, and He knows what is best.

Well, I didn't mean to go in a serious direction with this blog, but I guess my fingers decided otherwise. This post may seem more jumbled and random than most (but I think all of my posts are jumbled and random), but bear with me. There is a quote I have seen that would go perfectly right here...I am not random, I just have many thoughts." That is so true in this post. Here goes...

We have moved into the house in Whiteland. We are still in the process of unpacking all of our stuff, and Brother Dunn is still doing some work on the house, but we have officially moved in. (Insert big sigh of relief here...WHEW!)

Junior Church has been going a lot more smoothly the past few weeks. I changed things up a little bit, and I am still finding new things to try. I know how I am about being stuck in a rut, and the kids in Junior Church are no different. They really like the idea of having the captains at the front of the room. They like having some responsibility. The two captains each Sunday get to pick the captains for the next Sunday (they pick the Quiet Seat winners). This past Sunday, I didn't have to write any one's name on the board, which was awesome! The only thing wrong that happened was totally my fault. I had thought that I heard people outside the Junior Church door, and assumed (a bad mistake) that the Worship Service was over. So I give the kids their candy and send them out. Well, church wasn't over yet...OOPS! None of the kids went into the sanctuary, but I am sure that the adults heard the kids in the foyer. It's funny now that I look back at it, but I was pretty frustrated with myself for doing that. Next week, I will make sure that the Worship service is over before sending the kids out.

Does anyone know where I can find a 4 or 5 drawer wooden chest? For relatively cheap? I don't want a dresser with a mirror, just a tall chest of drawers. It doesn't really matter what type or color of wood. I need one for my beadroom. I had a long dresser and didn't like it. My mom is also looking for a different bed. She would like to have a twin sized bed, maybe like a daybed. Any suggestions would be helpful. Just comment on here or email me (vanesmiller@hotmail.com).

I have many more thoughts, but I am tired. And I still have some work to do that I brought home from work...crazy me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken

Candle Giveaway!