Thankful on a Thursday Evening

This week I was reminded of how merciful God is to His children. He is even merciful to people that do not follow His ways. We were reading in the book of Daniel this week about the dream that King Nebuchadnezzar (had to look that name up to spell it correctly.) had with the tall tree that was cut down. If you remember, the tree was actually a symbol of the king himself. Daniel told the king that he was going to be removed from the throne for seven years. Even though God could have taken the kingdom away from Nebuchadnezzar completely, He showed mercy. In the end, the king realizes it is God who really has all the power.

I am thankful for God's mercy to me. It seems like I mess up a lot, but when I go to God, telling Him how I have made a mess of things, He shows such sweet mercy, picks me back up, dusts me off, and sets me on the right path again. I am so thankful He is always there, willing to forgive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candle Giveaway!

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken