Tennessee Vacation 2011

Last week, we were in Tennessee celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary. We went down there on Saturday, the 11th, and came back home on Friday, the 17th. We had a great time. Carl had never been to the Smoky Mountain area before, and it had been 15 years since I last visited. A lot of new things and places were there, but there were also things that I remembered from 15 years ago.

I thought I would do a few posts on some of the highlights of our trip. This one is on our cabin.
Here are some pictures:
 Looking at the cabin from the end of the driveway

 Looking into the cabin from the bathroom doorway

 Cabinets and kitchen sink

 Bed area

Rocking chairs on porch

 Looking across the room from the bed

 Fireplace

 My wonderful hubby on the porch swing

 What a view!

We rented our cabin from Bear Camp Realty. Their office is located off the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. We chose the cabin named "Tranquility" when we made our reservation online. We saw that it offered wireless Internet access, it wasn't too secluded, and was very reasonably priced. When we got to the office, we were told there was a maintenance issue with our cabin. They offered us a choice of two other cabins, but they were more secluded and didn't have Internet access. We chose the better of the two, which was named "Pooh Bear." We were given a map, and we headed out to find our cabin.
Well, let me say that this cabin was very secluded. We were a good 15 to 20 minutes away from the Parkway, even though we were only a few miles away. The roads were very winding. My ears were popping like I was on an airplane. We finally made it to the road that led to the cabin. It took 5 minutes to get to the cabin from that road. We kept go higher and higher on the road, and the road kept curving this way and that way. I don't know how many times I said "Oh my goodness" at each new curve. We were definitely on a mountain...Bear Mountain.
The view from the porch was breath-taking, though. The cabin itself was gorgeous on the inside. It was decorated very well. As I was going through the cabin, checking everything out, I found a little surprise in the bathtub. I was expecting to see a spider or some other kind of bug, since we were in the Smokies. Instead, I saw a little lizard/salamander in the bathtub. Carl had to get the little thing out of the tub before I would go back into the bathroom. hahaha. I am such a sissy.
Overall, though, we really enjoyed our stay at the cabin. We would most likely rent from Bear Camp again if we go back to the Smokies.

Comments

Peggy B. said…
Tennessee is one of my favorite places to visit on vacation. Love it there.

Popular posts from this blog

Candle Giveaway!

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken