Yes, I am alive.

I am still alive, just extremely busy. But who isn't busy this time of year? Here's what I have been up to since Thanksgiving:

Thanksgiving we went to my Grandma's house for dinner, and Mom and I went to a couple of stores before she took me home. Carl always has to work on Thanksgiving, so Mom and I try to get a little bit of a head start on Christmas gifts for our Sunday School kids. When Carl got home from work at 11:30pm, we headed down to Wal-Mart for their midnight specials.

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, Carl and I went down to Monument Circle to walk around and take some pictures of the "World's Largest Christmas Tree." We love going downtown.



Last Thursday (the 2nd) was the Senior Piano Recital for my cousin Jennifer. It was actually a co-recital for her and another student, Jalena. The girls did an outstanding job. They played 3 duets, and each one played several solo pieces.

Saturday was our church Christmas Dinner....so much yummy food. We also went  to a birthday party for my little cousin Riley, who turned 2. He loves the movie Toy Story, so that was the theme of the party. (Sorry, I haven't loaded my pictures from the weekend onto my computer yet.)

This week is another busy week. We have church as usual on Wednesday night, UBC Christmas Program on Thursday night, piano recital for a girl at church on Friday night, ISO Yuletide Celebration on Saturday afternoon, along with going to visit my Dad's and Grandpa's graves. (I miss them so much this time of year...) We may go see a living Nativity if we have time. Sunday, we have church, going to Grandma's house for dinner, another piano recital, and we have to be at church early on Sunday night to practice for a Christmas program.

I love this time of year though. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I am humbled that God loved the people of the world so much that He was willing to send His only Son to this cruel earth. Jesus was willing to lay aside all the riches and glories of Heaven to be born in a smelly, dirty barn with all kinds of animals and strangers around Him because He loves me, and because He loves you. In all our busy-ness and rush, let's not forget to real Reason for the season.

Comments

Miss Mac said…
Oh as soon as I saw the picture of the tree on the circle I was so happy! Thank you so much for posting it. I miss seeing it so very much.

You have such a full life and are always on the go it seems. I am so glad that you are so happy and enjoying it so much.

I wish I could see all of you for the holidays, but instead give hugs to all the family for me.
Merry Christmas!

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken

Candle Giveaway!