My Birthday

I had an amazing birthday weekend. We had made plans to go up to Alexandria, Indiana and visit what I call "Gaitherville" or Gaither Family Resources. They were having a Fall Fest. They had a picnic on the grounds with a group called Joshua's Vision providing the musical entertainment. There were vendors selling handmade items, and the Gaither store was open. We ate a good early dinner, and browsed the store. I actually bought the special package they had for the weekend, the two new Gaither DVD's "Count Your Blessings" and "Giving Thanks" along with the CDs and the new Christmas CD by The Isaacs. It was $60. We were hoping the studio would be open for tours, but it wasn't. I guess that just gives us an excuse to go up there another time, so that Carl can see the studio.

After that, we headed down to Anderson to go to a concert featuring Ryan Seaton and the Booth Brothers. The Booth Brothers are one of our favorite gospel groups. We loved the concert! Ryan Seaton used to sing with Ernie Haase and Signature Sound, but now pursuing a solo career. He did an excellent job. The Booth Brothers were excellent as well. We even got to talk to the guys for a little while after the concert, and I got my picture taken with Gloria Gaither.

Saturday, we ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel before heading down to UBC for Old Fashioned Day. We spent a couple hours there. then we headed up to Marion to the campus of Indiana Wesleyan University for a Gaither Vocal Band concert. The IWU campus is so nice. The concert was absolutely amazing. It was held in their chapel building, which holds over 3000 people. The place was packed. The GVB was "on it" that night. Michael English sounded amazing. All the guys were great. I was able to meet Gordon Mote, Buddy Greene, see Wes Hampton and David Phelps again, and meet Bill Gaither. Then we had the long car ride home.
Sunday, my actual birthday, we went to church. After church, Carl gave me another part of his gift to me. He bought me tickets to the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, two different performances. The first one is later this month, one of my favorite groups, Time for Three, and the other performance is Joshua Bell in May. I look forward to both concerts. Some other gifts include gift cards to Steak N Shake, Christopher and Banks, and Target, two different colored potted mums for the front porch, and candles. I even got a card from some of my Junior Church kids. :)
So, I had a great birthday weekend. Thanks to everyone that wished me a happy birthday. I thank God for another year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candle Giveaway!

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken