Oodles of Randomness

Disclaimer: The author of this blog is on cold medication, so please excuse any jumbled thoughts. Thank you.

Now that we have that out of the way, I will just say this post may be a mixed up mess of thoughts. Welcome to my mind.... Sometimes (or more likely, almost all the time) I seriously think I have ADD. I jump from one thing to another, it is CRAZY.

I woke up this morning without the migraine that had bothered me for two whole days. I thank the Lord for giving me a touch. If you have never had migraines, please send a prayer of thanksgiving to the Lord now...you are truly blessed. Migraines are terrible....did I mention that they are terrible? Well, I did not have a headache, and I was so glad. I did have a little bit of a sore throat though. I didn't really think anything of it.

Well, by lunch time, the sore throat was bothering me more than just a little. By the afternoon, I knew I had a fever. I was hot and I was freezing at the same time. I stayed up in my office as much as I could to stay away from everyone. On the way home, I stopped off to get an UNsweet tea (gave up sweet tea and soda for Lent) and an ice cream cone to cool off. I took some cold medicine when I got home, went to bed, and tried to rest. I didn't sleep, but was able to finish a book I have been reading, Sinner, by Ted Dekker. I finally finished it. I only have like 5 other books to read now. I am debating on which one to start next...I have another Dekker book that he actually wrote with someone else, a book called The Shack, which I have heard good things about, or a Joel Rosenberg book, Dead Heat. It used to take me no time at all to finish a book, especially a Ted Dekker book, but now it is different. I hardly have time to read. My life has become so busy.

But I don't want my life to be so busy that I lose focus on the important things, like my relationship with Jesus. I so appreciated our Revival meeting with Dr Paul Kaufman. It was so good. I received help in every service. I want to continue to walk in all the Light that God gives me. He has been showing me some areas that need some work, and I am so thankful for His patience with His children, especially me. It seems like it takes me a while to catch on to some things, but God is patient and kind.

In other news, I ordered the flower girl dresses. I should get them tomorrow. I got them from Macy's. I met with my pianist for the wedding to go over songs for the ceremony and prelude and such. Carl and I are going to start some pre-marital counseling with Pastor Forsee in about a week or so. We will be sending out the invitations in just a few weeks, so we are trying to finalize the guest list. We only have so many invitations to send, as we only have so much room in the church and reception place. I think my Mom is going to make my veil for me. All the veils that I liked in the stores are sooo expensive. I still haven't decided on how I want my hair done...or who to have do my hair... My future sister-in-law, Tammy, is having a bridal shower for me next weekend for Carl's family. My Aunt Pat is having a bridal shower for me with the church people, and my family and friends in May. We are trying to finalize details the Rehearsal Dinner and get invitations ready for that as well. We only have 79 more days until June 13th...:)

Carl moves into the house we are buying this weekend. That way, he does not have to sign another lease at the apartment complex. We went today to see the house again, now that the appliances and carpet are in. It is great. God is so good. We weren't even thinking of buying house yet, but God opened the door to this opportunity, and has helped. We give Him all the credit.

I think that is enough rambling for one night. This tired lady is off to bed...Hopefully, I will be a bit more coherent tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken

Candle Giveaway!