A Sad Day and a Happy Day....

Today is Friday, June 13th. For some people, that might make you nervous. It is Friday the 13th. For me, today holds two meanings...

First, June 13th, 2001 was the day my Grandpa Miller went to be with Jesus. Grandpa died between 6:30 and 7pm that evening. He had been in a coma for a few days, and the doctors told Grandma and us that there was nothing else that could be done for Grandpa. Grandma and the children had to make the decision to take him off life support. I know that was a very hard decision for Grandma to make. We had planned on pulling the life support when my great-uncle Roger arrived from Florida late on Wednesday, June 13th. Well, Jesus decided to take Grandpa home before they had to pull life support. I remember that our church was packed at Grandpa's funeral...which he would have loved. He always wanted to see a full church. James and I played Amazing Grace at the funeral along with the chorus that he loved to sing with Amazing Grace, "When the Battle's Over." Grandpa's funeral was the first time I saw Military rites given. They had the Color Guard there with the 21-gun salute and playing of "Taps." Even though it was a very sad time, I was comforted in the fact that Grandpa was in Heaven and no longer suffering from the disease that was taking away his mind. I still miss Grandpa a lot...and always will. That is the sad part of this date.


On the happy side of this date...today, June 13, 2008 marks 6 months that Carl and I have been a couple. The past 6 months have been awesome. :) I had almost given up hope of finding someone to love. God sent Carl into my life at just the right time. We started emailing each other in late October, and officially became a couple on December 13th. It had to be the Lord to bring us together, because I don't think we would have ever met if not for the Lord. We were introduced to each other by the mom of one of my co-workers, who is a good friend as well. Terri knew that Carl and I were both single and Christians, and thought that we might like getting to know each other. I knew from almost the beginning that Carl was going to be more than just a friend to me, and I think he felt the same way about me. Carl has been such a support to not only me, but to my family with everything we have been throught so far this year. Carl means so much to me. He is not only my boyfriend, he is my best friend as well. I look forward to many more months and years being together with him. Everything has felt so completely right in our relationship, almost from the very beginning. I know that is because we both have committed our relationship to God and we are trusting God to guide us, as individuals and as a couple. So, Carl, I love you!

Here are some pictures of Carl and I:

Carl and I at our church Christmas Dinner 2007 (We weren't official yet)

A few days before Christmas at Monument Circle in Indianapolis

Valentine's Day after our carriage ride :)

With my cousin Brooklynn at Grandma's house

At the north end of the Canal in Indianapolis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken

Candle Giveaway!