Finally Home!!!

Mom and I finally made it home last night. I say finally because we didn't land in Indianapolis until 10:30pm when we should have arrived at 4:30. Our flight from Atlanta to Indy was cancelled and we had to be re-booked on another flight.

Yesterday started well...we woke up at 4AM (5, Indiana time) in order to be at the airport at 5:30. We went through customs without any problems. The guy even let us go without making us pay the $20 each Departure Tax that Panama has. Our flight left at 7:30, and we made it to Atlanta about 12:30PM. We went through customs, again without any problems. The Customs agent kept telling Mom and I how much we look like each other..."could be twins" in his words. Ha ha. We claimed and rechecked our luggage, no problems. Then we went through Security again, and we had enough time to make it to the gate for our flight home, which was to leave at 2:45. The flight was overbooked, so they were asking for people to volunteer to go on the later flight. We got onto the plane, and were getting ready for take off when I started feeling really sick...like "I'm going to puke sick." If you have ever been to the Atlanta airport, you know how long it takes to actually get in the air once you are on the plane. We were waiting in the long line of planes to get to the runway when I had to run to the bathroom. The flight attendant had to help me. While I was in the bathroom, I heard the pilot say that there was a mechanical problem, and we were going to have to go back to the gate. There was some type problem with the air conditioning. They told us that it would be a "quick fix." Well...3 and a half hours later, they cancel the flight because they needed to replace a part that was being flown in to them. So we had to get off the plane and try to re-book a flight. We were able to get on a flight that was going to Cincinnati and then Indianapolis. So, we didn't get home until after 11PM last night. It was a very long day, but I am so glad to be home!!

I am thankful that God was watching over us. For some reason, God did not want us on that flight. He knew what was best for us, even though we saw it as an inconvenience. I'm glad that God is running the world and not I.

Comments

Jonathan Walden said…
Wow! That sounds like a terrible experience getting back from Atlanta. I was at the Atlanta airport yesterday, but thankfully did not have the bad luck you had. I don't think I could take 3.5 hours stuffed in the seats made for those much smaller than me! I was flying home from Memphis yesterday and had to go through Atlanta (go figure) and actually stayed on the same plane.

Popular posts from this blog

Candle Giveaway!

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken