Junior Church Bulletin Board

I found this neat idea for the Junior Church on Boardsgalore.com. It is something completely different from what I have usually done for the Easter season.

The large yellow egg and small eggs I drew freehand. I am so not an artist. The jelly beans I made using a bean clip art I found on Word. The background is from the education store.







Speaking of Junior Church, here is a question for all you Children's Workers...
How do you handle bathroom runs? Meaning, in our class, when one child asks to go to the bathroom, EVERYBODY else has to go to the bathroom too. I can't send them all at once, so I send them one at a time, but it is becoming a HUGE distraction. I try to get all bathroom time out of the way early, but that seems to be not working for keeping a sensible feeling of calm in the room. The kids go to Junior Church from their Sunday School classes with a five minute break between the classes which doesn't give a lot of time to make sure everyone goes to the bathroom.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

Angie D said…
Your bulletin board looks great, Vanessa!

On the subject of bathrooms, you are NOT alone. We have kinda cracked down on that too--we make a clear announcement before we start that NOW is the time to go potty. After that, we generally only allow it if the child is very small, and nobody gets a repeat run. A couple times of being refused and I think they're getting the hint.
Karen Walden said…
We had to go to the one at a time bathroom thing too but finally had to make a rule that if you use the BR during church that you have to forfeit your chance for a quiet seat prize. ( If they are little and just learning to use the BR there are exceptions.) You can tell who abuse it. ontescr

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken

Candle Giveaway!