Anthony Burger


Sunday, February 22nd marked three years since Anthony Burger passed away. It is hard to believe that it has been that long already. I remember where I was when I heard the news. It was early morning, my Mom was just leaving for work. She came back in the house, woke me up, and told me that she had just heard on the Southern Gospel radio station that Anthony Burger died while performing on a cruise. She knew that I was a BIG fan of Anthony, and I would want to know what was going on. I was still half asleep, so I thought that maybe it was just a dream. Later in the day, I got an email from my best friend Amy that confirmed the sad news for me. I actually cried when I realized that it was true.
I loved his style of playing and could listen to his playing for hours. I got to see him in concert with the Gaithers three times and once with Kirk Tally and Ivan Parker. I got to meet him a couple of times, and he was always very gracious and humble. I haven't been to a Gaither concert since Anthony Burger passed away. To me, it is not the same. Nothing against Gordon Mote (I actually like his music too), but it is just not the same to me.
I could list my favorite Anthony Burger songs, but I would be here all night...no joke. I love them all. I would have to say my absolute fave would be Theme from Exodus and then his arrangement of the Hallelujah Chorus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken

Candle Giveaway!