Pinterest

I don't know how long it has been around, but I have recently come across a website called Pinterest. (I remember it as interest with a P.) It is sorta like Facebook, your Favorites list, and Google all rolled into one. You can find people to follow (the Facebook part), search for anything (the Google part) and "pin" anything that catches your eye to your boards (the Favorites part). You can have as many boards as you like. I have boards like Recipes, For the Home, Hairstyles, Crafts and DIY, etc.

At first, it was a little overwhelming. But I soon got the hang of it, and check it out at least once a day. I also have the iPhone app, so I can "pin" while on the go. You can pin things you find on the web, say a recipe from Taste of Home, to your recipe board. Then, you don't have to go back to the Taste of Home website and search for it again. You can just go to your Recipes board and click on the picture to go to the recipe. Or while looking at the boards and pins of others, you can re-pin anything to your boards for future reference. You can get a lot of ideas for parties and showers, decorating, gifts, you name it.

You do have to be invited to join, but I was able to click on a button that said "Request Invitation" and received an email to sign up for an account.

Check it out...it is a lot of fun! I will warn you, it becomes addicting fast. It can be a huge time zapper. I have to give myself a time limit.

Pinterest

Comments

MariahCassandra said…
I love Pinterest too!! I'm trying to get my Mom to get one for recipes and such!

Popular posts from this blog

Candle Giveaway!

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken