Call My Name...

Tonight in church we sang a song called "I Must Tell Jesus." (Number 152 in your Praise and Worship Hymnal...)

The second verse reads as follows:
I must tell Jesus all of my troubles; He is a kind, compassionate Friend.
If I but ask Him, He will deliver, Make of my troubles quickly an end.

Then the Chorus goes:
I must tell Jesus!
I must tell Jesus!
I cannot bear these burdens alone.
I must tell Jesus!
I must tell Jesus!
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.

That verse really stuck out to me tonight. I don't know how many times I have sang (or is it have sung?) that song, but it really meant a lot to me tonight. Jesus IS a kind, compassionate friend. He really does care for each of His children. He will helps us in our troubles, and make of them "quickly an end." Even when it seems like we are never going to get out of the mess in which we often find ourselves, God is there every step of the way. Like in another song we sang tonight, Jesus will walk with [us]...giving [us] victory through storm and through strife. Praise the Lord! Sometimes, even our closest friends and relatives can't help us, thought they try their best. Sometimes it is only Jesus, the Friend that sticketh closer than a brother, that can help you in your time of trouble.

There is a song by the Contemporary Christian band ThirdDay, called "Call My Name" and I love it. It is coming from God's point of view, telling us to call on Him, and He is telling us that He will always be there.
Here is the Chorus:
When you feel like you're alone in your sadness
It seems like no one else in this whole world cares
And you want to get away from the madness
You just call My name and I'll be there
You just call My name and I'll be there

I am so thankful that we can call on Jesus' name anytime, day or night, and He will be there. We don't have to worry about busy signals, bad cell phone reception, pressing 1 for English, any of that... If we are a child of God, He is waiting to answer our prayers, and our calls for help. We don't have to go through our trials alone.

So remember, call on Jesus' name, and He will be there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken

Candle Giveaway!