Update

As some of you may already know, I made a trip to the ER last Wednesday afternoon. I was having really bad chest pains right after lunch on my way back to work. When I got to work, my co-worker called Carl. Carl came and took my to the hospital. I was having pain right in the center of my chest, along with numbness in both my arms and shortness of breath. I had never had anything like that before.

When we got to the Emergency Room, they immediately started working on me, treating me for my heart until they found out otherwise. They did an EKG, which looked good, gave me some aspirin, they even brought in the little bottle of nitro, but they didn't have to give me any. They ran a chest X-ray, and took some blood. One of the blood tests came back abnormal, meaning that I could have had a blood clot somewhere. They ran a CT Scan to make sure that I didn't have a blood clot. All in all, I spent about 4 hours there, and the doctor said that what probably happened was that I had some acid reflux, and my esophagus had a spasm. He did want me to have a stress test done just to be sure that I had no trouble with my heart.

I had the stress test today. It took me three calls to get it scheduled. I did alright. My legs started to hurt after a while, and I was out of breath, but I am just out of shape. (Carl is the work out person, not me.) The actual heart doctor saw me for about 30 seconds today, long enough to look at the print out and ultrasound pics, and then tell me that I need to walk 45 minutes every single day..."fast walking, not slow walking." I pretty much knew that I needed to get back to walking like I was before the wedding, so I wasn't hearing anything new. I was just shocked at how rude the doctor was to me...from the moment he stepped in. Maybe he was having a bad morning, who knows? But I am not going to see him again, or recommend him to others.

I am glad though that I do not have a problem with my heart. I am starting to feel better. And, Carl and I are going to start walking together at lunch time. I will probably start going someplace to walk around a track once the weather gets cold...not for 45 minutes though...at least not at the beginning. We will work up to that.

I do want to thank each one that prayed for me while I was in the ER and who are still praying for me. I appreciate the prayers very much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken

Candle Giveaway!