Talk about an upgrade...

Last night, I went to the Pacer game with two girls from work, Julie and Amber. The Pacers were having a special where all seats were $25 or less. We bought 3 Upper Level or Balcony seats for $5 each. I had actually ordered them on Saturday and opted to pick them up at Will Call last night before the game. We were in section 226, in the 13th row. We were just minding our own business, enjoying the game. Close to the end of the first half, a younger-looking guy in a suit came up to our section. He had a portfolio and a walkie-talkie with him, so I thought to myself that he must work for Conseco or the Pacers. Well, he sat off to the side for a few minutes, then came and sat behind us. He asked if one of us were Vanessa, so Julie and Amber point to me. I told him that I was Vanessa. He then handed me three tickets for the Lower Level. He said that he was told by his boss to find some people in the balcony and give them Lower Level seats. These seats were in section 20, which is just behind the basketball goal. We were in the 7th row. As we were following this guy down to the main level, I asked him, "This isn't an episode of Punk'd, is it?" He laughed and said no, that the tickets were real and that we were really going to sit courtside. He also told us that these tickets gave us access to the Locker Room Restaurant, so we wouldn't have to stand in line at the concession stands. So for the last half of the game, we were courtside. We saw Larry Bird sitting in his seats not too far from where we were. Also, the Pacers were shooting at the goal that we were behind for the second half. So I got some good pics while they shot free throws. It was pretty awesome. I still don't know how the guy knew my name, or how I got picked, but we got some pretty cool seats for only $5...:) And the Pacers won, 113 to 96. What a great game! Below are some pictures from the game:



Troy Murphy


Rookie Brandon Rush


New Favorite Danny Granger


My courtside ticket...:)

Comments

Karen Walden said…
Oh my goodness, that is awesome! Jonathan would've been jealous! I heard they were having the %5.00 seats, but Jonathan was just coming in from Chicago!

That is strange that he knew your name though!!! Maybe because you had purchased the tickets?!?!
Melinda said…
Very cool! I love Pacers games :)

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest Recipe - Crockpot Italian Chicken

Candle Giveaway!